During our home games we rely on a large group of volunteers that allow our day to be a success! Please check out possible positions and contact us if you are interested in helping out at a game. Please Apply Here
- Play charters & statistic keepers
- Water girls & boys (over age 12)
- Ticket booth
- Merchandise booth
- Sponsors booth
- Set-up & take down
"Volunteeers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart"Elizabeth Andrews
Freeze Nation relies on dedicated inviduals who volunteer their time for the duration of the season. Current open staff positions are upated on VolunteerMatch.org. Please Apply Here
- Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator
- Digital Media & Graphic Design
- Event Coordinator
So you wanna play football?
First let us congratulate you on beating the stereotype of football players, and your willingness to help us change history! While today it is more acceptable for girls and women to join football teams, this is still not the norm. Our society has developed a progress system of football for males. Football is ingrained in our society to be a male sport with participation in youth through school and city leagues, in college, professional leagues (NFL, Arena), or an Olympic event. Knowing this, rarely do our players come from a background that has allowed them to play full-tackle football except maybe in backyard scrimmages or the rare person who has played on a team. Our goals are to foster relationships with girls that are taking the step to play on male dominated teams in their youth and provide a means for adult women to play at a higher level.
"Real change in society must start from individual initiative" Dalai Lama
The team holds several tryouts annually from September through December. Please monitor our events page for tryout dates and times. We welcome all skill levels, shapes, and sizes! No football experience is necessary. For tryouts bring a fun attitude, wear athletic clothing and shoes (cleats if you have them), and bring lots of water! Expect to run some basic football drills (plyos, running/sprinting, throwing & catching, etc.). Coaches assess different levels of abilities for a variety of positions on the team. Making the team depends more on culture than skill, we emphasize player attitude and commitment over athletic ability. We'll train you and get you where you need to be, but you have to be willing to do the work, function within a team, and carry a positive attitude.
If you need help getting back into shape, please join us in our off-season workouts that run generally September through December. There is no fee for participating in tryouts or off-season workouts. If you are interested in the team after our pre-season months, please contact the team directly.
Due to fitness requirements, knowledge level, and league requirements, it is extremely difficult for a new player to join the team during our regular season. However, we have formed a practice squad that allows potential players to participate during our regular season practices. Please contact us if you are interested for further details!
If you are officially accepted onto the team, here are some things that will be required of you and what to expect:
- Football Gear: It is the player's responsibility at a minimum to provide for their own girdle, helmet (must be adult (not youth), white in color with grey face mask), shoulder pads, cleats, wrist coach, and mouth guard. Other accessories to highly consider will be a gear bag, gloves, padded compression shirts, braces, kneepads, etc.
- Player Fee: Each player is required to make a donation, usually around $500. This fee assists in paying for practice uniforms, practice facilities, and stadium costs. In addition to a player's fee, any players in need of the official uniform, a fee of $125 due early January. The fee includes your home and away jersey (with last name printed on back) and game pants. Returning players may have this fee waived if they choose to use their previous uniform. Don't let the fee scare you away! We host a variety of fundraising events throughout the year where portions of the proceeds can go toward individual player fees. In addition, we assist players in obtaining sponsorship to cover these fees. We also provide players 20 free game tickets to sell to offset player fees and travel costs. Plus the fee is generally paid by players over a 4-5 month period.
- Sponsorship & Fundraising: The team will have several activities planned outside of practice that will require your attendance including volunteer work, fundraising, sponsorships, and team building activities. For each fundraiser we do as a team, a percentage will go to the team and a percentage will be divided among the players that participated in the fundraiser event. Each fundraiser, the percentages will be defined. Any player bringing corporate sponsorship to the team can apply this towards their player fees. Majority of fundraising is done in our off-season (so get involved ASAP). We try to limit events to 1 or 2 a month during mandatory practices and game season.
- Player Expectations: Each player will be expected to be fully committed in practices, games, travel, etc. A formal contract, code of conduct, and liability waiver must be signed by the first day of official practice. In addition, all players must have current health insurance.
- Practice Schedule: As women we pay to play football, which means usually we all have full-time jobs outside of playing on this team. For our practice schedule, we strive to work around work schedules but all practices are mandatory. Generally, our practices follow this schedule running from January through the end of the season in June or July. Locations are to be determined annually.
- Tuesdays: 8pm to 10pm (inside gym Jan/Feb, and outside on lighted field as needed remaining time)
- Thursdays: 8pm to 10pm (inside gym Jan/Feb, and outside on lighted field as needed remaining time)
- Saturdays: 3-hour block practice, time dependent upon availability currently 12:30pm to 3:30pm. Always outside.
- Online Study: In addition, players will be required to do some studying online weekly, independently to increase knowledge, film study, and game prep.
- Game Schedule: We generally play 8 games in the regular season with the possibility of extra games for playoffs and Championship Weekend. In addition, we have several scrimmages prior to the start of the season. Our official schedule should be set and available sometime in January. Generally, game days are on Saturday evening with a 6pm or 7pm kick-off. Our current home stadium is North Stadium, 12500 Delaware Dr, Westminster, CO 80234.
We are a traveling team, which means we may be traveling outside of Colorado for games. Possible locations for away games include Arizona, Iowa, Kansas, New Mexico, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Utah. Generally for away games, we leave on Friday evening and return on Sunday.